Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

"The Love of Beautiful Things"


I think it's safe to say that I fall strictly into the category of "well-intentioned," at least when it comes to resolutions. By that I mean, back in the beginning of January, when I made my "27 things to do before 27" list, I had every intention of crossing off number 21 (Start a blog and post at least once a week) as soon as I made the list. Well, it's now April and my poor list is feeling rather neglected: read one classic book a month, create a budget and stick to it, get back to work on "southern gothic novel..." I can, sadly, cross none of the aforementioned off my little list.

 Since spring is all about new beginnings, it seems only right to give myself a second chance and get to it. Which is where this blog comes in. Not only will it give me a place to showcase one of my true loves: photography, but it'll also give me a way to share all of my adventures, big and small. I can 100% guarantee that there will be lots of silly stories; heart-clutch, smelling-salts needed, fangirl moments; book reviews; and tea parties. If these things sound just up your alley, then you've come to the right place! So, my fellow adventurers, while I go cross number 21 off my list, I leave you with this:
As they sang the hobbit felt the love of beautiful things made by hands and by cunning and by magic moving through him, a fierce and jealous love, the desire of the hearts of the dwarves. Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Here's to creating lots of memories and magic. We're only just beginning.

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment