Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Twenty-Eight Before Twenty-Eight



Since my birthday falls so close to the New Year, I've taken a page out of my friend April's book... Instead of making those often not kept "resolutions," I make a list of however many things I'd like to do/see/accomplish before my next birthday. Despite my best intentions, I didn't make it through many of the things on my 27 before 27 list. I'll make no excuses except to say that I let myself get too caught up in the craziness that was 2013. Now that my life has some sort of direction (graduate school), at least for the moment, I'm hoping 2014 will be a little more cooperative than last year. So, here's my 28 before 28 list, may the odds be ever in my favor.

1) Pick a classic novel that you've never read and go for it!

2) Go to a Renaissance Fair.

3) Travel to a new country.

4) Take a sewing class.

5) Re-read a favorite book.

6) Blog more often.

7) Host an outdoor movie party.

8) Make a music playlist for every month this year.

9) Give up soda.

10) Attend a Yoga class.

11) Successfully make yeast bread.

12) Donate to a charity.

13) Go to tea in London.

14) Eat a macaron in Paris.

15) Finish an entire New York Times crossword puzzle with no help.

16) Go star-gazing.

17) Send more "just because" letters to friends.

18) Enter a photography competition.

19) Try a weird and unexpected food.

20) Attend a fencing match.

21) Practice my German language skills.

22) Have an Indiana Jones movie marathon day.

23) See a movie at a drive-in theatre.

24) Fly a kite.

25) Throw a surprise party.

26) Take a PhotoShop class.

27) Give up all forms of social media for one month.

28) Finish and graduate from Grad School!

No comments:

Post a Comment